We work to make preparation of your income tax returns as easy and convenient as possible for you. The best place to start is with our Tax Organizer located under the Resources Tab. You’ll find a list of the documents we’ll need to accurately prepare your return and there are worksheets to help you list your deductions and other important information.
- Step 1: Schedule a free consultation and let’s talk. Like any interview, I want you to understand the way I work and how I’m here to help. During this call, we will discuss your goals and lay out how my office works. Click Here to Schedule.
- Step 2: Register your document exchange portal (Onvio) and secure messaging portal (Liscio). We live in an age where transmitting sensitive information must be secure. After our talk, I will create a safe place for you to upload a prior year copy of your tax return. The reason I want to see it is to review the previous work, identify any errors and give you a quote for services. I'd prefer to see the last 3 years with supporting schedules.
- Step 3: Once you registered both portals, you are free to upload documents as you receive them. I've been doing this for some time and know that brokerage statements are going to be delayed. I get a notification every time you move a file so don't worry about letting me know.
- Step 4: Make a tax preparation appointment. You have the option of a Web Conference, In Office or Phone appointment; but it is important to make one. This is when I will dedicate my time to you while reviewing your tax documents and asking questions. *For in office appointments, I will scan and upload your tax documents to your portal. I highly suggest making an appointment as early as possible with the documents that you have. I can always start on your tax returns and then add in missing information later.
- Step 5: Electronically Sign your tax returns. After I have completed your tax returns, you will be sent a notification via email to login to your portal for your review and signature. If you are unable to sign electronically, I will mail hard copies for signature. They must be returned to my office to finalize your tax returns. When your tax returns are accepted by the respective agencies, an acceptance email will follow.
- Step 6: Pay for services. I use Quickbooks Invoicing and shortly after preparation, you will receive an email from me with an invoice for services. You have options to pay by credit card, direct withdrawal from checking or mailing a check. *If you mail a check, please let me know in advance.
I strive to finish your return within three days of receiving your completed organizer and all applicable documents. I recommend direct deposit of your refund for fastest receipt of your refund.